Alligators 'n Roadkill

Alligators 'n Roadkill
On The Road

Followers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

another twofer, or 2 steps forward, 1 back

Sept. 10, 2007
The best laid plans......or, like we used to say in the Army: "Hurry up and wait." All three certificates came back very quickly, but not a one of them included the certification from a Secretary Of State (SOS). So, all three have gone back to their respective states for that missing seal of approval (with, of course, an extra fee to be paid). So, when they get back, hopefully with the correct endorsements, I will send all three to the D.C. Consulate. Meanwhile, I am waiting to hear from the State of Texas (Employee Retirement System - ERS) where my little pension originates, to see if they can put a notary stamp on their normally unsigned verification of pension form, and have the SOS stamp, as well.

Sept. 20, 2007
A quick update, not much: My birth certificate has come back from the SOS of my birth state, ready to go. Our marriage certificate has also come back from the Texas SOS, ready to go.....we are still waiting for Blanca's birth certificate to make it back from the West Coast (California SOS). I have prepared the Priority mailers (to DC, and return), so that when this third document gets here, I can get all three on their way to authentication from the Costa Rican Consulate in DC. Meanwhile, my verification of pension is in the hands of the SOS, and should be back very soon. I have copied our passports, and will finish preparing them shortly. Once we get the documents back from authentication, we will go after our police reports, and make an appointment in Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment